Morrison Hershfield’s team of Code consultants, led by Principal and Director of Code and Life Safety Judy Jeske and Principal and Code Consultant Dominic Esposito wrote the technical content of the Ontario WoodWorks 2015 Reference Guide: Mid-rise Wood Construction in the Ontario Building Code.
The Reference Guide was created to explain the 2015 amendments to the 2012 Ontario Building Code (OBC) that permit 5 and 6 storey combustible construction for residential and office buildings. The amendments to the OBC increase opportunities for designers and builders to create versatile and affordable new buildings. The changes recognize the advancements in wood products and systems by integrating fire detection, suppression, and containment systems.
To view the Ontario Woodworks 2015 Reference Guide: Mid-rise Wood Construction in the Ontario Building Code, please click here.
Morrison Hershfield’s Judy Jeske and Glenn Somerton also presented this topic in a series of technical seminars with Ontario WoodWorks and the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) in the spring of this year and are presenting to architects through the OAA in regional seminars this fall and winter.
To attend a presentation, please register with the OAA.
- Thursday, Oct 01, 2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Toronto - BMO Institute for Learning
- Thursday, Oct 15, 2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Waterloo - Waterloo Knox Presbyterian Church
- Thursday, Oct 22, 2015, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Thunder Bay - TBA
- Monday, Oct 26, 2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Windsor - St. Clair College Centre for the Arts
- Thursday, Nov 12, 2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Ottawa - Ottawa Shaw Centre
- Thursday, Nov 26, 2015, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Toronto - University of Toronto
- Thursday, Jan 21, 2016, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- North Bay - Clarion Resort Pinewood Park
- Thursday, Feb 04, 2016, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Kingston - Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel