Morrison Hershfield is pleased to welcome Marc Rose, MES, to our Environmental team. As Vice President, he will help our clients achieve environmental approvals for large and complex projects while leading business development for the team.
Marc Rose is a Senior Environmental Planner with over two decades of comprehensive experience with the private and public sectors across Canada. He has worked on numerous environmental assessments in various sectors including energy, transportation, water and wastewater, nuclear waste management and site remediation. His expertise, collaborative leadership skills and client-focused approach to projects will benefit our clients, ensuring projects are designed and constructed with the environment in mind.
“We are very excited to have Marc join our expanding Environmental practice in Toronto. Marc brings us a wealth of knowledge and experience in the rapidly evolving climate change and renewable energy fields. -Don McCallum, Senior Vice President, Environment.
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation projects, including vulnerability assessments, flood protection and climate change strategy.
- Renewable energy projects.
- Environmental assessments.
- Site remediation.
- Public consultation and communication strategies.
- Facilitating and resolving multi-stakeholder conflicts for controversial projects.
- Henvey Inlet Wind - Project Director for environmental approvals, permitting, and construction monitoring of Pattern Energy’s 300 MW wind farm and 104 km transmission line
- Bluewater, Goshen, and Jericho Wind Energy Centres – Project Manager for environmental approvals of three wind energy centres totalling over 300 MW
- Downtown Brampton Flood Protection Project - Project Manager for the environmental assessment to remove flood risk to downtown Brampton and enable redevelopment of the area.
- PortsToronto Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment - Project Manager for a study examining the climate change risks and vulnerabilities of PortsToronto’s airport, port, marina, and rail infrastructure